From:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1993 16:08:24 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>There's an ad inside the front cover of Drop the Puck that lists all
>the college hockey teams whose games can be heard on the phone by
>Teamline, as of the time of the ad going to press (RPI was not listed,
>must have been a late addition).  Here are the details.
>
>Phone: 1-800-846-4700
>Charge to Visa/MasterCard
>
>Access codes for teams:
>Army              5418               Miami              5768
>BC                0664               Michigan State     5300
>BU                1155               Michigan Tech      1149
>Bowling Green     3396               Michigan           5313
>Clarkson          1149               Minnesota          5320
>Colgate           2007               North Dakota       1062
>Cornell           5612               Northern Michigan  1759
>Dartmouth         5621               Ohio State         5340
>Illinois-Chicago  5202               Princeton          5671
>Maine             1113               Wisconsin          5395

For anyone's info, RPI's access code is 7741 (or RPI1)

>Some teams may be added, so you can call the number and get more
>details on who exactly is available.
>
>Remember that this isn't a free call.  It says rates are as low as 20
>cents a minute, but you have to listen a long time to get those
>rates.  They go down as you listen longer.  It might be a nice idea
>for a group of displaced fans to get together and chip in on the cost
>of the call and run it through a speakerphone.  It doesn't cost
>anything to just call the number and get more info, btw.

I would like to reiterate this.  This is NOT free! I encourage anyone who
wishes to listen to the games to get a bunch of friends together and
split the costs, it can run as high as $36 for an entire game.

>Apparently they have coverage for over 190 colleges in different
>sports along with the entire NFL, NHL, and NBA.
>---
>Mike Machnik            [log in to unmask]        [log in to unmask]
>Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors                  *HMN*  11/13/93
>(All opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)

*  Jayson Moy                   *  One of the Voices of Rensselaer Engineer *
*  [log in to unmask]                 *  Hockey, Baseball, and Football on        *
*  [log in to unmask]      *  91.5FM  WRPI, Troy                       *