From:
Robert Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1993 17:34:10 -0400
Well, we heard it straight from the horse's mouth - BU goalie Derek
Herlofsky is staying put. Rumors were that he was negotiating with the
Dallas Stars club, but I talked to BU sports information and a friend of
mine from the BU paper called Herlofsky himself, and he's staying with the
Terriers. Derek did say that he had taklked with a Stars scout at one point
over the summer, but it was pure conincidence (they bumped into each other
someplace, not sure where). He (Derek) thinks that somewhere, something along
the line was misinterpreted or misunderstood by somebody in the Stars
organization, and he has no intentions of leaving school.

Also, while I'm thinking of it, media folks covering Hockey East teams
might want to know that the annual HE media luncheon is scheduled for
Tuesday, October 19, at 11:30 am at the Blades and Boards Club at the
Boston Garden. Hope to see you there!

Sid
BU '95