From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1993 00:31:46 -0400
Glen writes:
>  Michigan State has added the University of Guelph to its schedule on
>Nov 13 @ MSU.  The game won't count against the game limit.

Thanks!  I will add this as a NC (non-DivI so actually NI) game next
time I update everything.

>  The first round of CCHA playoffs are best 2 of 3 - that doesn't seem
>to be reflected in the COMP schedule.

Skip the following if you really don't want to know what goes on
behind the scenes with the team schedule generation...

I've set this up as follows.  The conference and NC$$ playoffs are
listed at the end in the same format as the other games, just with no
team listed as either visitor or home.  Since there are going to be
six CCHA first round series (best of 3), tentatively scheduled for
March 11-13, I have six slots listed for "CCHA First Round G1" on 3/11
and six for "...G2" on 3/12.  If any of the series go 3 games, I'll
add the extra games at that time.  Right now, they just take up space
to show everyone when the playoffs are scheduled for.  Same goes for
the other conferences.  Also, since the WCHA first round is scheduled
for March 10-13 but I don't know which series will be played on Thur
3/10, I just put all 5 on 3/11-12.  I'll make the necessary changes
when we know what games will be played when.

Also, some of you may have noticed that for the regular season
tourneys, there are four listings on the days of the championship/
consolation even though obviously only 2 games will be played.  That's
because in order for my program (which creates the team schedules) to
read the composite and create listings for the tourney under each
team, it needs to match the team with what appears in the visitor/home
slot.  So I have a separate listing for each of the four teams.  The
extra ones will be removed when the matchups/results are known.
Likewise for those few remaining tourneys where I don't know what the
opening night matchups will be.  It allows me to put into the team
schedules an opponent listing like "UNH/Vermont/Dartmouth".

BTW, you should be able to generate your own copy of any team's
schedule just by doing a grep (unix, eh?) of the composite for
whatever team you're looking for.  Or, you can just ask LISTSERV for a
copy in the really nice alternate format that my program created, with
spaces to write in the scores.  (I stole the format from that which
Keith has used for several years now - you know what they say about
imitation and flattery.)
---
Mike Machnik            [log in to unmask]        [log in to unmask]
Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors                  *HMN*  11/13/93
(All opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)