From:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1993 11:49:04 -0500
In message <[log in to unmask]> Mike Machnik writes:
> John Haeussler asked me in mail:
> >What is the first name of Herlofsky, BU's goaltender?  There is a
> >Derek Herlofsky (goaltender) in camp with the Dallas Stars.
>
> It is indeed Derek, which is kind of strange because I didn't think
> college players could go to camp and then go back to college (like
> major junior players do).  Then again, I believe they can now hire
> agents and negotiate pro contracts without losing eligibility, so
> maybe this has changed too.  Does anyone know?  Do the BU folks (Adam,
> Sid, Tony) know what's going on?

That's interesting, because I noticed that Northern Michigan goalie Corwin
Saurdiff is in camp with one of the NHL teams (San Jose???? I can't remember).
Maybe one of our Northern Michigan correspondents knows his status.

> On another note...on the way in, I was listening to Dale Arnold's show
> on WEEI.  He is conducting an on-air survey today of people's favorite
> sports and other matters in a response to the national survey that
> came out last week (in which arena football was ranked 31st and NHL
> hockey 32nd, for example).  Of course, Dale's survey isn't anywhere
> close to being scientific because of the way he's doing it, but it was
> interesting to hear that the first caller's favorite sport was college
> hockey and his favorite sporting event was the hockey Final Four. :-)

Gee, Mike, i didn't know you had a car phone! :-)

Pam Sweeney                            Go Gophers!!!
[log in to unmask]         1993 WCHA Playoff Champions!!!
[log in to unmask]              Ski-U-Mah!!!