From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1993 10:49:00 -0400
John Haeussler asked me in mail:
>What is the first name of Herlofsky, BU's goaltender?  There is a
>Derek Herlofsky (goaltender) in camp with the Dallas Stars.

It is indeed Derek, which is kind of strange because I didn't think
college players could go to camp and then go back to college (like
major junior players do).  Then again, I believe they can now hire
agents and negotiate pro contracts without losing eligibility, so
maybe this has changed too.  Does anyone know?  Do the BU folks (Adam,
Sid, Tony) know what's going on?

On another note...on the way in, I was listening to Dale Arnold's show
on WEEI.  He is conducting an on-air survey today of people's favorite
sports and other matters in a response to the national survey that
came out last week (in which arena football was ranked 31st and NHL
hockey 32nd, for example).  Of course, Dale's survey isn't anywhere
close to being scientific because of the way he's doing it, but it was
interesting to hear that the first caller's favorite sport was college
hockey and his favorite sporting event was the hockey Final Four. :-)
---
Mike Machnik           [log in to unmask]          [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                  *HMN* 11/13/93