From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1993 09:06:42 EDT
Pat Ellis said, in part ...
>Alright, I'm under the impression that All five members of the Maine
>team that tried out for the Olympic team made it.  Now the Question..

   All six made it.  Snow, Dunham, Ferraro, Ferraro, Imes, and Martin.

>I have been informed that while Kariya will stay at Maine and Join
>the Canadian squad a week before the olympics, but that American
>Olympic hockey has no such program for U.S. College kids.  THis would
>imply that all Maine Players would be temprarily away from school.  (those
>that hadn't graduated....)  BUT I saw Chris Imes today on Campus now
>what the hell is going on, There is no possible way I can see him being
>tutored for the entire semester, and driving his rabbit back from
>where ever the team is at for tests/quizes....    What's the deal....

   I've heard that Chris is registered for an independent study course.
   It will allow him a chance to graduate after "May term" this Spring.
   There is *no* way that he could take a normal classroom course this
   semester.

cheers,

Wayne Smith
The College Hockey Discussion List administrator
Systems Group - CAPS              BITNET/CREN:  wts@maine
University of Maine System        internet:     [log in to unmask]

P.S.  I've read recently that Scott King (Maine '90) has hung up his
      skates after his best ever (East Coast League) minor league
      season, to pursue a medical degree.