From:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1993 12:40:01 -0500
In message <[log in to unmask]> Patrick Ellis writes:
> Hello out here on Hockey-l....   Well I've been gone for a while
> and the only college hockey teams nearby are ConnCollege and Uconn, both
> Division III.  Needless to say I'm completely out of touch.  What I'd
> like to know is the status of Maine's roster.  Last I knew Dunham, Garth,
> Imes, Martin, and the Ferraro's were all at Olympic camp.  Are any of them
> going to be playing for the team this year?  (i.e.  playing for Maine
> until say a week before the Olympics...)

I believe most of the players you mentioned (I'm not sure about Martin) made the
US Olympic Team, (you could look back in the archives, as the list was posted 3
times a few weeks ago;  I know because I posted the third one! :-)  Better yet,
search the OlymPuck archives, since that list gets less traffic than this one.)

Don't expect, however, that they will be with Maine for most of the season;
they'll be traveling with Team USA until the Olympics. (Also, weren't several of
them seniors?)  It sounds like Kariya will be joining Team Canada only for the
Olympics, but I don't recall ever hearing of the US Olympic Team doing that for
a college player.

Pam Sweeney
Ski-U-Mah!!!
Go Gophers!!!