From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1993 00:21:24 -0400
Remember how it looked like all the CCHA teams were going to return
their top goalies this year - no longer, as UIC's Jon Hillebrandt has
signed with the Rangers, according to the transactions column today.

Elsewhere, I see that Dartmouth named Judy Parish women's assistant
coach and Mike Cavanaugh men's assistant coach.

I received a brochure in the mail today for the 1993-94 Drop the Puck
Yearbook.  DtP says it is the "most comprehensive resource on Division
I College Hockey", and it's a reasonable claim since they have
analysis, rosters and schedules for all of the DivI conference teams
and Independents, along with 8 pages on 1992-93 stats.  I have last
year's edition and it's not bad, I would certainly recommend it if it
is at least as good this time around.  It's nice to have all of this info
in one place.

Ordering info: send $4.95 (3.95 + 1.00 postage) per issue or $5.95
(4.95 + 1.00) Canadian, to

Blueline Publishing
P.O. Box 8686
Minneapolis, MN  55408-0686

Delivery is scheduled for October.  Let them know where you heard
about it so HOCKEY-L gets some publicity. :-)  Oh, and don't forget to
send your name, address, city & state/province, and zip.

Finally, some changes have been made to the team schedules in the
archives as I hinted at earlier.  You can get a complete list of
everything by sending the command GET HOCKEY-L FILELIST to
[log in to unmask]  UMass is added, and several teams had their
identifiers changed to try to make them a little more descriptive.
Changes are:

Alaska-Anchorage - AK-ANCH (was UAA)
Alaska-Fairbanks - AK-FAIR (was UAF)
Colorado College - COL-COLL (was COLORADO)
Dartmouth - DARTMTH (was DRTMOUTH)
Massachusetts - MASS (new)
Mass-Lowell - MASS-LOW (was UMLOWELL)
New Hampshire - NEW-HAMP (was UNH)

By the time most of you read this, the latest schedules (composite
too) will be in there, up through the Wisconsin schedule David posted.
Only teams I have not seen a schedule for are (all WCHA): UAA, CC,
Denver, Minn-Duluth, North Dakota, NMU, and St Cloud.

One discrepancy I saw between the Minnesota and Wisconsin schedules:
in the CCHA-WCHA Challenge (called the CCHA/WCHA Showcase on the Wis
schedule), Minnesota says they will be playing Michigan the first
night (11/26) while Wisconsin says THEY will be playing Michigan
11/26.  Any clue?
---
Mike Machnik            [log in to unmask]        [log in to unmask]
Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors                  *HMN*  11/13/93
(All opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)
R.I.P. Reggie Lewis NU/Celtics #35