From:
Laurie Sefton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laurie Sefton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1993 14:33:56 -0700
I could have lived without the multiple references to "they play hockey,
but they're *still* feminine." It sounded like the writer needed to be
reassured.

I am a "retired" hockey player (patellar-femoral syndrome--ie. nothing is
holding my kneecaps in place but good wishes), however, during my "career",
a number of mothers took their daughters up to see me after a game, to show
them that "girls can play hockey, too." I didn't exactly look like I belonged
on the cover of Vogue--35 lbs of goalie gear can do that to a person.

The rest of the article, which promotes the idea that girls and women *can*
play hockey, have a good time, and be competitive, was good.

Laurie