From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1993 01:25:54 -0400
Bill Fenwick writes:
>I should probably look this up first, but as I recall, when Dave Crombeen
>"scored" the goal against RPI, he had actually had TWO delayed penalties
>called on him, since he took the trouble to hack at an Engineer player on
>his way to the bench.

I don't know whether the second penalty did come as you suggested, but
he did receive a double minor on that play - for high-sticking and
tripping, at 8:28 of the 2nd.  Cornell's Dave Shippel then took a
minor for hitting from behind at 9:19, and RPI scored (as you say
below) with 17 seconds left on the 5x3 to make it 5-3 Engineers.

>(Aha -- just tracked down the old post that Mike was referring to, and it
>turns out RPI scored only once more in the second, during the power play
>while Crombeen was serving his penalties.  So it was 5-3 going into the
>third.)

Right...the teams swapped goals in the first minute and a half of the
third to make it 6-4 RPI, then Cornell cut it to 6-5 at 6:42, and then
they tied it up with 2:04 left.

RPI outshot Cornell for the game 58-33...Dadswell stopped 52 for the
Big Red.

You should be amazed that I had the details right here at hand...I
know I am.  And it was over 7 years ago.

>Geez, the off-season sure is long... isn't it time we argued about bands
>again?

How about Zamboni-driving band members?
---
Mike Machnik            [log in to unmask]        [log in to unmask]
Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors                  *HMN*  11/13/93
(All opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)
R.I.P. Reggie Lewis NU/Celtics #35