From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1993 11:11:32 EDT
Enclosed is an example of searching the HOCKEY-L posting archives .. wts

>>In 1986 an incident occured in a Cornell-RPI game which would fall in this
>>category.  At the fieldhouse, in the last game of the season, Dave Crombeen(sp
>>was called on a delayed penalty ...
>
>Believe it or not, this is all in the HOCKEY-L archives of Jan or Feb
>1992 or 1993...when this came up before, I posted parts of the article I
>wrote for the Polytechnic (RPI) in 1986 that referred to this...
>
>Isn't it funny how the same topics keep coming up over and over? :-)

   File HOCKEY-L SEARCH in the archives tells how to search for old
   articles.  Send mail to [log in to unmask] and in the body of
   that mail enter "GET HOCKEY-L SEARCH", without the quotes, to receive
   your own copy.

   In this case, I did the search with the following mail to

// job echo=no
database search dd=rules
//rules dd *
search crombeen in hockey-l
/*

   The search resulted in three "hits", so I just resubmitted the search
   with a "print all" line.  If there had been lots of hits, I'd have
   listed the article numbers on the print line.

   So to see the text of the articles selected, I sent mail to
   [log in to unmask] with the following contents:

// job echo=no
database search dd=rules
//rules dd *
search crombeen in hockey-l
print all
/*

   Please feel free to search the archives at any time, but I'll leave
   you with two warnings:

      - Please don't send searches to HOCKEY-L, send them to LISTSERV.

      - Please omit the "print" line from your first search on any
        subject because many articles may be selected causing waste of
        resource and a huge file that will probably break your mailer.

cheers,

Wayne Smith
The College Hockey Discussion List administrator
Systems Group - CAPS              BITNET/CREN:  wts@maine
University of Maine System        internet:     [log in to unmask]