Date:
Sun, 7 Feb 1993 23:10:19 EST
Jayson Moy wrote:

> Some thoughts on last night's RPI victory:
>
> 1) Tripp Tracy played an amazing game until the middle of the second
> period. I think it all went down when RPI went on the Power Play,
> and then Harvard was called for another penalty and on the delayed call
> Tim Regan put the puck in the net.
>
> After this point, Tracy became really unnerved.  He seemed to be concentrating
> more on the non-calls that Noeth and Melanson were not calling (is that
 right?)
> than on the game itself. He was vehemently complaining on a lot of plays,
> and seemed very upset that certain things were not called.
>
> In my opinion, this did Tracy in.  As a freshman, you are not going to get
> much slack from any official whatsoever.

Tracy didn't impress me at all....even early in the game.  RPI didn't get many
 shots in the first period, but on those that got through Tracy was leaving a
 lot of rebounds.  He also seemed to over-react to the play...either going down
 early or taking the fake.  Aaron Isreal impressed me a lot more in the first
 RPI-Harvard game.

As for his temperament, if Tracy continues his temper tantrums every time a call
 doesn't go his way he'll just alienate the referees and set himself up as a
 target for opposing fans.  I suggest that Tommasoni (sp?) should have a chat
 with him....

> 3) RPI's containment of Ted Drury.
>
> Everytime Ted Drury stepped on the ice at even strength, RPI had Xavier
> Majic's line or Tim Regan's line out on the ice. These two centermen did
> a nice job of shadowing Drury, and didn't give him many opportunities
> whatsoever to break loose.

In a move that suggests questionable class, today's Boston Globe includes a
 sidebar story quoting a source "close to the Harvard hockey program" as saying
 that Drury and approx. a dozen teammates had the flu prior to the game.  To his
 credit, Tommasoni did not use that as an excuse and gave credit to RPI for its'
 performance.

> 4) The crowd.
>
> Unbelievable noise level at Houston Fieldhouse last night. The fans were
> credited by Buddy Powers as one of the main reasons that RPI came on as
> strong as they did in the third period.

The crowd disappointed me a little.  They stepped up once the team got itself
 back into the game.  It would be nice to see them pick the team up when it is
 downinstead....

> 5) 6 unanswered goals by the Engineers.

It was fun, wasn't it?