Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1993 16:06:17 EST
Answering Rich's question on what happened on the Slashing call handed out
to Neil Little during Friday's Union-RPI game, here's what happened.

I saw the play clearly from my vantage point, which was the visiting radio
station's setup, with the view directly between the crease and the face-off
circle on the pressbox end.

I saw Holbrough(I believe it was him) of Union trying to create a screen
at the TOP of the crease in front of Little. As soon as Hobrough parked
himself there, Little took a wicked swing with his stick to the top of
the calf of Holbrough's right leg. Holbrough just crumpled. This was done
in plain sight of the referee Cerbo.

This incident happened within the 2 minutes after Union scored their first
goal, and the oranges came out on the ice.  Not to mply anything, but I
believe that Little took a little retalitory measure out on Holbrough.

In my opinion, Little should have gotten more than a 2 minute minor for this.
It looked deliberate, and Holbrough was not interfering with Little at all.

As for the oranges, the linesman Emanatian knew it was coming, because as
soon as the goal was scored, his hands went up to shield his head.....

Jayson Moy