From:
Laurie Sefton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 1992 13:32:39 -0700
Many apologies if this is way off topic, however...

San Jose State University has a little problem with getting media attention
for their teams. It's *very* apparent for the hockey team, where the local
paper didn't even bother covering the team at all during the season. In fact,
most of the local San Jose Shark fans weren't even aware that there was
another San Jose team until they heard the scores being announced at the
Sharks games. Since there is no media attention, it's hard for anyone to
easily find out when and where the games are, and  because there's no one
there, the local media isn't likely to cover the games (and so on...)

So, how do your universities get the media and the local fan base to pay
attention?

Thanks

Laurie Sefton
ps: when I'm not at Apple, I'm a grad student at SJSU