From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 1992 00:00:24 EDT
Dan says:
>What bothers me is that some young man, whose relatives gave their lives
>in military service for this country and whose parents pay taxes that go
>to indirectly fund state schools will get passed up all in the name of
>capturing a trophy that , in the big picture is not very meaningful.

I appreciate your explanation of your point of view.  Before giving mine,
I think it is important to note that at least 17 of the currently 43 DivI
schools that play hockey and could accept foreign players if they wanted
(leaving out Air Force and Army) are private schools.  These include 16
from the East and Notre Dame, off the top of my head I'm a little iffy on
the status of the CCHA/WCHA schools.  I'm not sure if some may be private,
as BC and BU are.  May I ask, what is your opinion relative to these private
institutions?
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   mikem@{beanpot,bubba}.ma30.bull.com
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)