From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 90 16:34:01 EST
    I found this and thought some people might be interested.

    - mike

Article 9806 of 9813, Tue 21:00.
Subject: College Hockey - PCHA Update
From: [log in to unmask] (Chick Webb @ Hewlett Packard, Cupertino)
(68 lines) More? [ynq]

Well, I have been extremely remiss, to say the least, in not informing
you all of what's been going on with the Pacific Coast Hockey
Association.  I'll endeavor to do better in the future.  At this time, I
don't know the current standings, or any of the other team's records - I
only have information for the Stanford club.  So for now, I'll provide
the following:

PCHA - A Division
-----------------

UC Berkeley
Stanford
Cal Lutheran
USC
UCLA
Pepperdine
Cal State Univ. Northridge (CSUN)

Stanford's Season Summary
-------------------------

We just completed a split with USC here in N.  California over the last
weekend, and go into the Christmas break with a conference record of
4-3-1.  Our conference victories have come over Cal (1), USC (1),
Pepperdine (1), and CSUN (1).  Our losses were to UCLA (1), Cal Lutheran
(1), and USC (1), while we tied UCLA once.  In addition to the
conference games, we have one non-conference victory over Cal Berkeley.

We're a stronger team than our record indicates, in my opinion; we just
need to play more consistently.  The addition of some first semester
hold-outs should add some always welcome scoring punch for the spring
session.  A decent turnout for our one road trip in January should help
us come away with a couple of wins, and with the balance of the schedule
to be played at home, we're in good shape to make the tournament, if not
win the PCHA crown.

Stanford's Schedule (Remaining games only)

Date	Time	Location	Opponent
----	----	--------	--------
1/19	12:45A 	Los Angeles	UCLA
1/20	TBD	Los Angeles	USC
2/1	8:30P	GGIA*		UC Berkeley
2/2	10:45P	BI**		UC Berkeley
2/8	8:30P	GGIA		CSUN
2/9	2:00P	GGIA		CSUN
2/22	8:30P	GGIA		Cal Lutheran
2/23	2:00P	GGIA		Cal Lutheran
3/1	8:30P	GGIA		Pepperdine
3/2	2:00P	GGIA		Pepperdine
4/5-7	??	Los Angeles	TBD***

	Notes
	-----
	*   Golden Gate Ice Arena (GGIA), Redwood City, CA
	**  Berkeley Iceland (BI), Berkeley, CA
	*** PCHA Playoffs, teams and times/locations to be determined

Chick Webb                          "A witty saying proves nothing."
Hewlett-Packard Company              -- Voltaire
Cupertino, CA
UUCP: {ucbvax, etc.}!hpda!ckw       "Activate the bass."
ARPA: [log in to unmask]                -- Consolidated