From:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 90 13:07:53 CST
One of the student papers had the ref's name -- you are all
right, I was wrong... it was Buzz Christensen.

while I am here.... I was thinking about something that I wrote
yesterday... and I am not confortable with the impression I may
have left:

I wrote:
> In the last minute of the game, Wisconsin's Andriga cross-checked
> Romaniuk. The ref called it a major, "intent to injure." I don't know
> about that (I saw it on TV, It was certainly a cross-check).  Romaniuk
> was injured (he was favoring his ankle, I believe) and did not play
> Saturday.

I think that Andringa's action was at least "intent to cause pain"
(which as far as I know is my own term), and I *hope* it wasn't really
intent to injure. It was uncalled for -- there is no way he could claim
it was part of the play, the only explanation is frustration and
retaliation.

	--david

--------
david parter					[log in to unmask]
university of wisconsin -- madison		computer sciences department