From:
Shari Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1992 17:53:07 CST
My memory is a bit fuzzy on this one, but I'm sure Carole, or Erik, or Pam
will fill in the details for me!

In the early 80`s the Gophers' Aaron Broten launched a rocket shot towards
the goal in a playoff game against Michigan Tech (I think!). The puck hit
the back of the net at such speed, and at a 'perfect' angle, that it went
clear through the back of the net and hit the back board behind the goal.
Broten and others started to cheer, as they saw the puck go in, but the
goal judge and the refs ruled a no-goal. TV replays in slow-motion showed
the puck crossing the goal line and coming out the back of the goal.

I can't remember the ramifications of this game, but I'm pretty sure it
was an important one.

go go gophers - eat the cheese-heads!

shari