From:
Survivor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 1992 23:22:55 EST
Well, as I said, if I predict it, do the opposite.  My prediction
was Merrimack 5  Lowell 4 in overtime, well the final score for
anyone who may be online at this hour, was Lowell 3   Merrimack 2 in regulation.
Mike will send out the box score as soon as he can.  This was a lackluster
effort by the Warriors, and Steve D'Amore made several good saves.  However,
he ran headlong into a goalie that was just a little hotter in Mark Richards.
Neither team played great, but there were good scoring chances on both sides.

Lowell's offense took a major blow in the first period when Mike Murray went
down with an injury.  I don't know the extent of his injury, but he did not
return.  Also, Merrimack defenseman Jason Pagni left the game about halfway
thru the third period.  He did not return.

So the streak continues.  Two blown calls this weekend.  Anytime you need
a call made, ask me to make it.  Then, when you want the result, just do
the opposite of my prediction!  ;-)

Kevin

e-mail MIGHT reach me at:

"Second best IS second rate!!!"   -me

P.S.  I'd like to sort of defend TCHCR for a second.  Lately there's been
a lot of bashing of the poll on the list.  I have gathered from the
quick readings that I've done that a columnist lamented the poll.  Well,
for that turkey, I'd like to say look at the "USA Today" sometime.  Every
week they have a college football computer poll (* in season of course *)
and a college basketball computer poll (* in season of course *).  Hey, if
both of these have a computer poll, why not hockey?