From:
Charles Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 1992 09:00:23 -0700
Friday... Rental car 0  Tow truck 1
Friday... UVM 4  Air Force 0
Saturday..Rental Car Driver 1  tow truck driver 0
Saturday..UVM 4  Air Force 2

Just got back from Burlington last night and thought to share the
scores with you.  Friday afternoon, an AAA tow truck pulled out in
front of my rental car, and i had nowhere to go and no way to stop.
(It really ISN'T FUN  to watch the front end of a car with 800 (yes, a
mere 800) miles on it crumple up.

Friday night's game was well contested, with air force not playing its
best.  Again, goaltender mark liebich had an outstanding night
stopping at least 3 breakaways.

Saturday, I got the police report that suggests strongly the accident
was caused by the tow truck driver.

Saturday, Air Force came out as strong as i've ever seen them, and
they played what i felt was the best 3 periods of hockey I've seen
them put together all year.  The game was tied 1-1 after 1 and 2-2
after 2 periods.  Vermont netminder Soucy absolutely robbed the
falcons twice in the second period, plus AF got a cross bar before
sophmore defenseman Scot Spann got the equalizer late in the periof
with a blistering slap shot from the right point.  Vermont was able to
use its weight and size advantage in the 3rd period and peppered the
net from in close.  Both goals were scored on 4th chance shots.
Netminder liebich would make the initial stop, butcouldn't control the
rebound and the defense was unable to clear the puck or outmuscle the
vermont forwards.

charlie shub  [log in to unmask]  -or-  cdash@colospgs (BITNET)
  or even         (719) 593-3492