Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 1992 12:31:25 +0900
Ron writes:

What are the odds of this happening?

Last year a friend of mine was driving up to Ithaca to see the Big Red
play Vermont when his year old Volkswagen was rear-ended at a red light.

After a year having gone by without seeing any college hockey, my friend
decided to tempt fate and drive up for the Vermont-Cornell game last
friday when (you guessed it) about 10 miles from Lynah Rink, he hit a
a patch of ice and totalled his 3 month old Jeep.

Does this say anything about hockey fans (or Vermont)?

 - A travelers advisory has been issued for next years Cornell-Vermont
   game.

-------------

Way too late for me, Ron. In January, 1986, I jumped in my '74 Swinger
and headed for Burlington for the Cornell-Vermont game. The Swinger, as
anyone who has ever had the pleasure of driving one knows, was the most
indestructible car ever built (I suspect this is why they were
discontinued), and this one had never had serious problems.

Needless to say, the car did not survive the trip.

We are definitely on to something here, Ron. I'm glad the car I drove
to Ithaca for this year's Vermont game was a rental!

Greg
Boston
Let's Go Red!