From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 1992 15:12:57 EST
What is the precipitation like right now in up-state NY? There is no
white stuff falling from the Ohio sky, but this TCHCR-ATU thing sure is
snowballing....Simply amazing....Will Bob Croce get fired for this? (^;

Anyway, I went home for lunch today and called Buddy Powers, RPI head coach.
He said that yes, indeed, TCHCR is hanging on the bulletin board down the hall,
so we know THAT much of Bob's story is correct.

He assured me that his players were not nearly as emotional about TCHCR/me
as Bob indicated. "That's just Bob" he said. Ah, I feel better.

And when I asked Buddy what *he* thought about TCHCR, he gave me exactly
what I want to hear from a coach: "I don't pay much attention--I just
worry about winning."

A final note: I am not getting too worked up about this. Certainly, I want
to talk to Bob about his shoddy journalism. I will not, however, lead a
campaign against the ATU. Please, if you want to, write letters and make
phone calls. It may lead to some sort of correction in the ATU--that would
be great. But I am NOT calling for Bob's testicles to be hung from the highest
tree.

Keith