Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 11:34:13 -0600
I have to jump in on this question.  I have not seen New Hampshire play
this year, but I did twice last year, when they were up for the Mariucci
Classic.  At that time, they struck me as being a talented but poorly
disciplined or coached team.
For example, their defensive coverage was terrible both days.  I'd chalk
it up as being in a slump, but I followed them after that and it looked
like a trend.

New Hampshire last year was supposed to be a very good team, but didn't
live up to their billing.  Based on what I saw, at least part of that
looked like a coaching problem.  If Umile is being credited with
improving the team and exceeding expectations, at least some of that is
due to the bar being set low because of the disappointment.

J. Michael Neal