From:
Curtis_T <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 08:25:51 -0500
Have to add my two cents at this point. I agree with the WABU
broadcasters.And I do think that they were not simply being homers-
Euruzione (sp) got on Peter Donatelli about a dangerous hit ...
And I agree Jack Falla was way overboard with his NHL oriented
comments, and I enjoyed Bertagna's comment, though I would not go so
far as to say that college hockey fans "don't care" about draft rights
and rankings...
And I want to speak up for WABU- they may not have good "down on the
ice" commentators for at least the last couple of years, but they do a
great job (Course I voted for Silber :) )
>Date:    Wed, 12 Feb 1997 16:12:58 -0500
>From:    Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Masters Injury

>Hi All,

>I want to share my thoughts on the Masters injury.

>I watched the game on TV, and I was APPALLED that no penalty was
called.  I
>feel the hit was definitely worth at least 2 minutes, and you could
make a
>strong argument for a major.  I know I had the benefit of the replay,
and I
>have always had a high level of respect for Frank Cole, but really,
guys.

>The other disturbing thing was the contention by the WABU
broadcasters that
>it was a clean hit.  I wonder what Bob Norton would have said.

>And while I'm at it, would someone please tell Jack Falla that we
college
>hockey fans don't care which NHL team owns player A's draft rights,
or
>where player B ranks on the Central Scouting Bureau's NHL prospect
list.
>(Joe Bertagna made a left-handed reference to that between periods.)

>How many more Beanpots have been committed to John Silber-TV,
anyway?

Karen
GO BLUE!!!

Tom Curtis, Region One LAUS/MLS