Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 1991 12:20:31 EST
> That is the rule, as I understand it. I am sure Kenny Z. can check his rulebo
>+ok
> for its validity.

Ryan, your description is right on target.  But, for all those rule buffs out
there, I'll quote the rule book:

Rule 6-24c:
	"Unless the puck is in the goal crease, a player of the attacking team
may not stand on the goal-crease line or in the goal crease, or hold the stick
in the goal-crease area or skate through the goal crease while the attacking
team has possession of the puck.  For violation of this rule or if the puck
should enter the goal while such conditions prevail, a goal shall not be
allowed and the puck shall be faced-off at the nearest neutral zone face-off
spot.
	A player of the attacking team may stand in the crease when the puck
is in the crease or when the individual actually is in possession of it.
	The provisions of the rule will apply only while the goalkeeper is
inside the crease.  If the goalkeeper is not in the crease, the rule becomes
inoperative."

---
Kenny Zalewski -- Information Technology Services at Rensselaer
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 83 Albright Court, Troy, NY, 12180
[log in to unmask] | [log in to unmask] | [log in to unmask]