Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 1991 07:03:52 PST
>Not so long ago RPI would pick one home game a year for it's "Big Red
Freak Out"  (etc.)

The Big Red Freakout (not to be confused with Cornell, of course) still exists,
it's just that the handouts have gotten lamer.  Last year was, I believe, the
first time RPI won a freakout since the noise rule, it was coincidentally
against Brown (final score 4-2).  The favor was a little red plastic megaphone.

This was the game that's been referred to with Malinowski and the 204 penalty
minutes and all.  After the penalties, RPI scored an empty net goal with :04
left, and the ice was showered with hundreds of little red plastic megaphones.
Rather than sit around waiting for them all to be cleaned off (they shattered
really nicely when hit with a hockey stick), Brown up and walked off.  I can't
call this a display of class by the RPI fans, but fortunately for us the Brown
curse was stronger than the anti-Freakout curse.

Ross RPI `91 (Still got my megaphone somewhere. . .)
see ya next month, Rich!