From:
Chris Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 1991 12:06:06 -0500
Dale W. Loudenback writes:
>Several of the recent mailings refer to Clarkson's loss to UNH.  I
>believe if you check the final score, it was 5 - 4 in Clarkson's
>favor.  I listened to the game on radio and do not feel that UNH
>dominated the game all that much (they certainly did when they were
>on the power play) which I admit was often.  There was a lot of
>discussion (by Clarkson announcers concerning the one-sideness of
>the officating), don't know how true that was - but it sure sounded
>like it.

Well, I've tried to stay out of this, since I'm just as biased as all the
Clarkson folk, but seeing as I actually *saw* the game, I guess it's time to
say something.  Yes, UNH had 12 powerplays, which certainly made the shot
difference worse.  Many of those penalties, however, were forced by hustling
UNH players.  Most of the interference, hooking, holding, and tripping
penalties were "good" penalties for Clarkson to take, since they nullified
good UNH chances.  In addition, if you noticed the box score, the second
period was almost even in powerplay chances with 3 for UNH and 2 for
Clarkson.  UNH *still* outshot Clarkson 19 to 9.

But Clarkson still won the game.  Like I said before, the Knights made the
most of their (relatively) few chances.  And Rogles had, if not the game of
his life, certainly one of his best.  It's hard to know what to say about the
team as a whole.  I can't believe they play like that all the time.  I don't
think UNH is *that* good.  I suspect I saw them on an off night when Rogles
came up big.

Chris
Go Blue!