From:
Andy Mondore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 1991 13:48:44 EST
Sid Whitaker asks:

>   I was just wondering..does anyone know the results of RPI's double-
>header at Alabama-Huntsville this past weekend? I haven't seen it in any of the
>papers.

RPI swept the series.  I think Saturday's score was 6-4 (but I'm
not positive -- the game didn't start until 10:00 so I only heard
the beginning of it and the game ended too late for the results to
be in Sunday's paper) and yesterday's score was 8-7 in overtime.

Bob Croce had an interesting article in yesterday's Albany Times
Union describing the problems of playing hockey in the south.
UAH plays at the Von Braun Civic Center which also houses a minor
league basketball team.  Apparently, after a basketball game
Friday night, the back door of the civic center was left open all
night.  The temperature in Huntsville was around 70 degrees, so
the ice surface was slush by Saturday morning.  Apparently it was
playable by game time, however.  Also, apparently when it was time
for RPI to suit up for the game Saturday night, no one could find
the key to the visitor's dressing room so RPI ended up dressing in
the lobby!