From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 08:30:00 -0700
I heard an interesting comment on the roundball selections (which is all
you hear out here :-)  ... UCLA went to the east regionals even tho they
won the Pac-10, and Arizona stayed home (viewed as an advantage) even tho
they did not win ... the committee reasoning? Arizona was a much stronger
11-1 out of conference record ....  seems to me if the WCHA really
believed they were the top conference and wanted 3 or 4 entries in the
NCAA frozen four this year ... as they might deserve ... a good way
to convince people would be to win a significant number of games against,
say, some of the top CCHA teams (close for travel) ... but without that
data, I must say it is hard to pick any of the "middle six" for any
special consideration.  I would think a good solid middle team from
another conferecne which had a decent winning out of conf percentage would
turn some heads.... just another advantage to increasing out of conf
games, IMHO.

Tony Buffa

RPI '64