From:
Shari Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 1991 08:36:26 CST
This NC%^ thread got me thinking back to when the whole revenue sharing
debate began a while back. I seem to remember reading that it was NC**
hoops that started the bickering. There were a number of schools playing
Div I basketball, that also had a number of other Div I sports, who were
upset about schools that had basketball as their only Div I sport
(Duke, Georgetown etc..). The complaining schools didn't think it was fair
that these 1-sport-only schools got a huge amount of money to pour into
one program, thus being able to build a dynasty (better facilities, more
money for coaches salaries etc...). Thus, the NC@! came up with the rule
that in order to share in Div I tournament monies, schools must have something
like 6 or 7 Div I sports for men and women each. If this is correct, it
probably carries over to the hockey side as well. i.e. unless your school
is Div I in every sport, you cannot collect the proceeds from the hockey
tournaments.

In other news.... This is the first year since I graduated from the U of Minn
in 1984, that I will have season hockey tix (actually my husband and I split
a pair with some friends). We were able to get a student, who for some unkown
reason isn't a hockey fan, to buy us tickets in the student (NEE!) section. We
 are
at center ice - right behind the penalty boxes. Not the greatest seats in
the house, but it's fun heckling the opposing team's players when they get
 penalties!

P.S. to Carole & Erik - we will be at Saturday night's game agains NMU, are you
guys goint to 'Sterbs afterwords? Also, a question - did Goldy bring his back of
tricks to the Met Center? If so, where did he stand so people could see him?

GO GO GOPHERS!!!
shari

**** Minnesota Twins 1987, 1991 WORLD CHAMPIONS - the celebration contiues!!
 ****