From:
David_Wojtowicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 1991 12:43:30 CST
Hi all,

 I don't get to see much college hockey here in east central Illinois so
I was enjoying the CCHA game of the week (BGSU at MSU) which is produced
by PASS Sports and is reluctantly shown by $portsChannel America much
later on tape.

 The 2nd period was pretty exciting as BGSU tied the score at 5-5 after
a 3 point deficit.  When the 2nd period ended they went to a commercial.
When they returned they had the *final* score over a emptying arena with
the commentators doing postgame wrap-up.

 Last time I checked hockey games were 3 periods! Now I had been up early,
worked late and it was after 1AM here at the time so I was getting kind
of sleepy, but I doubt I could have missed the whole 3rd period.

 It seems like SCA just decided that the third period wouldn't quite fit
into their schedule so they thought they'd just trim it out and maybe
no one would notice.  They still had some 20 minutes left in the alotted
time slot according to the tv listing which they used to start something
about UNLV basketball. (yuk!)

 Did anyone else happen to be watching this?  Am I imagining things or
did SCA provide another example of just how much they care about hockey?

 -- Dave

David Wojtowicz