From:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 1995 21:19:38 GMT
Only 4 months to the day until the 1st game of the season.  It's damn
hot, and I'm just thinking how much I would love to be at Starr Rink
or the Volpe Complex right about now.

   * -  Those of you with Sportschannel New York probably know this, but
        Kelly Askew is now in te RHI playing for the New Jersey Rockin'
        Rollers as reported by yours truly in an earlier edition of Tidbits.
        For those interested, I also saw that Cluade Morin was playing for
        Buffalo.

   * -  Craig Hamelin turned down an offer to play for the Ottawa Loggers
        of the RHI because of his knee.  While it is not hurt, he did not
        want to risk injuring it in RHI in preparation for his future.  What
        is the future?  See below....

   * -  Craig Hamelin and Kelly Askew will be playing in the Swedish Pro
        Leagues come the Fall.  Hence the reason for Hamelin's apprehension
        to playing RHI.  Hamelin hurt his knee in the game at Appleton Arena
        earlier on and missed the next 5 games.  Though he has healed, he
        does not wish to chance it.

   * -  Jeff Matthews will try to get his dual citizenship in Italy so he
        can try to make an Italian team.  Former RPI standout Maurice Mansi,
        a member of the 1994 Italian Olympic Team, is helping him get a shot
        in Italy.

   * - As reported earlier on the list, the 10th anniversary of the NCAA
        Championship team will gather in  a dinner in July.

   * - The search for a new restriceted earnings coach has not produced
        a candidate as of yet.

I'm still trying to get the vitals and the stats on the freshman class of the
Engineers.  4 months till I find out what kind of stupid thing this Red Hawk
is.

* Jayson Moy  RPI '89 '93  *  One of the Voices of Rensselaer Engineer      *
* [log in to unmask]             *  Hockey, Baseball, Football, and Basketball    *
* The "Asian Invasion"     *  on Crystal Clear 91.5FM  WRPI, Troy *EASM*    *
*"I've come to know the cold, I think of it as home, when there ain't enuf  *
* of me to go around, I'd rather be left alone."   -  W.A.R.                *
*"When I find all of the reasons, maybe I'll find another way, find another *
* day, with all the changing seasons of my life, maybe I'll get it right    *
* next time."    -  W.A.R.                                                  *