From:
Mark Jastorff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 1995 09:04:35 -0500
On Fri, 28 Apr 1995, Jim Ogonowski Usa wrote:

> The following article appeared in the Thursday edition of the Boston Herald

> NC$$ TOSSES BU
>
>     The NC$$, in its infinite wisdom, legislated against the entire national
> champion Boston University hockey team participating in opening day
> ceremonies yeaterday(wed) at Fenway Park. The Terriers were to help throw out
> the ceremonial first pitch, with Mike Pendergast of South Boston doing the
> honors. However, according to NC$$ rules, only seniors could participate,
> because they've used up their eligibility. The rest of the team was in
> the stands. Not to be accused of irrefutable logic, the NC$$ decided the
> seniors had to pay the same $3.00 minimum as the underclassmen for admission
> even though they can no longer play division 1.
>                                                   Jack O'leary
>
>  I would like to point out that the BU campus is less than 2 miles from
> Fenway Park.
>
> Which lead me to ask the following question?
>
> Who pays for the teams that take trips to the White House after they win
> a title?
> If I am not mistaken, I believe that the 1994 Arkansas basketball team
> went there?
>
> Any comments?
>
> Thank You

> Jim Ogonowski
> go UMASS-LOWELL RIVERHAWKS...... HOME OF RIVER HAWKEY

Each school is responsible for raising the bucks to get to the White House.
The Lakers used private donations on each of the trips to D.C.

President Bush actually came to the Sault since he was in the area for
the Mackinac Bridge Walk...

Reagan and Clinton received the Lakers in the W.H.

Mark Jastorff
LSSU Lakers
'88  '92  '94  NCAA D I Champions

We'll be around again.....