From:
Ronald Correia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 1995 17:26:20 -0400

1) The concessions in the Civic Center closed before the end of REGULATION in
the Michigan-Maine game. You couldn't get a Coke, ice cream, ...NOTHIN' from
the third period on. Was this bad planning, the result of union rules, or are
Civic Center Concessions a subsidiary of ESPN Enterprises?

I don't know who's rule it is, but the concessions at both the Civic Center
and Schneider Arena ALWAYS close at the start of the third period.  That was
nothing new for that game.  Actually, that's been true in most of the arenas
I've been in.

 A BU fan behind us also had his
posters confiscated, but upon inspection by a second official, were deemed
unoffensive and returned. I'll take the uniformed police in Providence
anytime
to the NC$$ plainclothesmen indoors!

I thought this issue was settled in Foxboro last year when a fan was ejected
for holding a sign that read "Welcome to Foxboro - Home of Missin' Sissin ".
 He took them to court and won on the grounds that they violated his first
ammendment right to free speech.

-- Ron