From:
C J Wameling <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
C J Wameling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 1995 14:29:24 -0400
On Thu, 6 Apr 1995, Art Stine wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Apr 1995, Geoff Day wrote:
>

> > Yesterday, there was disscussion of Clarkson ringing the bell after each
> > clarkson goal. Late this season, Clarkson put an air powered train whistle in
> > the chell ice rink. Now the visiting goalie is taunted by the load train
> > whistle of the engineers.
> >

> sigh - how lame... what was wrong with the bell? tradition go on too long for
> the current administration? Not politically correct? I really wish they
> would leave some things alone up there in Potsdam ... (and - we were
> never the 'Clarkson Engineers' when I was there - we played hockey, not
> choo-choo train engineers)
>
> -art stine
> clarkson '86, '92

   Thanks Art, I could not have said it better. There was nothing like
hearing that bell the night we beat Cornell 2-1 in OT, the first time The
Big UGLY Red were willing to make the northern loop in a dozen years.
Ned Harkness could no longer avoid the Golden Knights, but he should have.

Well, there were better things than the bell, beer blasts, Zoonie Boonie,
etc., etc., etc. but the bell and Walker arena were part of it.

chris wameling,  CCT '73 and '75

ps: that Cornell game was 1971, back when cornell really had hockey