Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 1995 23:15:10 -0400
In the euphoria of all the plusses pertaining to the weekend in Providence, I
forgot to mention a couple of bummers that I haven't seen mentioned:

1) The concessions in the Civic Center closed before the end of REGULATION in
the Michigan-Maine game. You couldn't get a Coke, ice cream, ...NOTHIN' from
the third period on. Was this bad planning, the result of union rules, or are
Civic Center Concessions a subsidiary of ESPN Enterprises?

2) The heavyhandedness of the NC$$ and their trained ..OK, I'll be kind
..ushers. We had a fellow in our group wearing a coat with "lots" of hockey
pins. He was called to the side, informed that the NC$$ has the rights to all
pins and prohibits the resale, trade, or GIFT(?) of copyrighted materials, and
warned not to wear the jacket to future games lest he risk expulsion. Come on
folks, EARTH TO NC$$, time for a reality check. A BU fan behind us also had his
posters confiscated, but upon inspection by a second official, were deemed
unoffensive and returned. I'll take the uniformed police in Providence anytime
to the NC$$ plainclothesmen indoors!

Bob Hall
Livin' in a cornfield outside BG