From:
Martin I Lewison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 1991 22:29:56 -0400
    Hi, everybody.  I have a small request.  I live in Pittsburgh, and I'm
completely isolated from all college hockey news, scores, stories, games,
you name - I don't have it.    It is my great dream that one of the Pittsburgh
newspapers will soon cover college hockey.  Well, not cover it, but at least
report the scores.  I have spoken to the sports desks at said papers, and
they don't feel they have the interest in their readership to go out and
get the results.  However, they told me that if I reported scores and standings
to them within a day or two of the games, they would print that info.  See
how easy it can be!?!  Problem is, I don't have the info myself, except
on the CCHA, thanks to the wonderful update just mailed to all of us.

Hence, I would really appreciate somebody out there posting all
of the weekends NCAA Div. I hockey results each weekend, with the most recent
standings too, if possible.  This would include CCHA, WCHA, ECAC, and Hockey
East, along with the Indeps.  Can it be done?  How 'bout the national
rankings while we're at it?

Look, if this already happens every week, I'm sorry to waste your bandwidth.
I'm very new to the list.  But if not, what a service it would be to all
of us interested in college hockey.  One of you in Minneapolis can
just type in part of Monday's Sports Section in the Star-Trib.  Can you do
it, pretty please?  Pittsburgh is hungry for college hockey news!!!!!

Martin