From:
George P Fishman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George P Fishman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 1995 21:44:05 -0400
The celebration was BU was fun. The team was expected back at 6:30 PM
so probably several hundred fans waited outside the Student Union,
although the team was a half hour late due to traffic.  The band
played a few songs and a local tv camera caughts shots of the fans
and the band.  Finally, the bus pulled up, and the players all came out and walked
to the front of the outside of the Union.  We high-fived the team, I
personally shook handes with Mike Grier, and my girlfriend touched
the trophy that one of them was carrying (Herlofsky?)  Jack Parker said
a few words, then Joubert, then they got right back in the bus and headed
out to get together with their families.  Although I graduated a few
years ago frm grad school, it was quite a special feeling, and I got as
much out of it as all the current BU students.

As for coverage, all the tv channels had interviews of Jack Parker
and several payers like Rausch and O'Sullivan and Grier and Joubert.
I think that some of the players are on Sports Final tonight.  Also,
several articles in the SUnday Globe and Herald.

George
BU Grad School Class of '93