From:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 1995 23:44:43 GMT
OK, I am upset. Here's why.

The 2nd OT ended, according to my watch, at 5:22PM EST.

ESPN cut to golf.

At 5:35PM EST, they cut back to hockey, and as you could see Michigan
was taking the ice.

Back to golf.

at 5:46PM EST we got sent back to hockey.

At this point I KNEW the game was over, just did not know what the
outcome was.  I'll explain later.

at 5:48PM EST the winning goal was scored.

At 5:52PM EST they went back to golf.

Why am I upset?  The goal was shown on tape delay and NOT LIVE!!!!!

How am I so sure?

When the shot of MIchigan coming onto the ice came on, there was approximately
1 minute left on the intermission clock.

Give or take another 3 to 4 minutes to get set after the clock buzzes
and we are underway.  That puts my estimation at 5:40PM EST.

Which means the goal was scored somewhere between 5:40PM EST and
5:44PM EST.

When did ESPN go back?  5:46PM EST.

Which means that golf and an interview of a golfer was more important to ESPN
than a LIVE OT hockey game that is sudden death.

THIS MAKES ME SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And to top it all off, they cut back to the game with a faceoff in the
Maine end, NOT at the beginning of the OT.

I wonder if ESPN gives the Championship the same shaft on Saturday if
it runs into OT, and they have to show the Tradition tournament.

SICK, SICK, SICK, SICK, SICK, SICK.

OB Hockey Content:

I have a question.  Why did the teams not switch ends between the
end of the 2nd and 3rd OT's?  (I only caught the last 4 minutes of
the 2nd OT, and the TAPE DELAYED third OT).

* Jayson Moy  RPI '89 '93  *  One of the Voices of Rensselaer Engineer      *
* [log in to unmask]             *  Hockey, Baseball, Football, and Basketball    *
* The "Asian Invasion"     *  on Crystal Clear 91.5FM  WRPI, Troy *EASM*    *