Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 1995 09:11:13 EST
Folks,

  I remember the "SIEVE!!" cheer from high school (Amesbury, in northeastern
Massachusets) in the early 70's. In fact, our goalie's nickname was Seive.
As with most nick-names, he was really quite good.

At BU in the mid to late 70's we would taunt the goalie by singing his
name in that sing-songy voice that they used to taunt Daryl Strawberry
(DAH-ryl!! As an aside, I actually know the fellow who started that cheer
during the 1986 World Series, an otherwise forgetable affair.)

Amonst my fondest memories is the entire Boston Garden singing the BC
goalie's name (SKID-more!!) during the Blizzard Bean Pot in 1978. BU
clobbered BC that night, scoring in double-digits, as I recall.

Ken Kretsch             | "Coach, my Mom wants me to live for my Bar Mitzvah"
BU '79                  | "Goldberg, this is your Bar Mitzvah. Today you
[log in to unmask]        |  become a man!!"