From:
Mark Grassl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 1991 09:54:07 CDT
Bill Fenwick writes:
>THN CCHA preview:

>Watch these freshmen:
>5.   Jon Hillebrandt, G, 6-5, 160, {?? Typo??} Illinois-Chicago.
>     Technically sound and will play a lot unless he falls on his face.

	Definitely a typo on the height.  Hillebrandt played high
	school hockey in the Madison area and played Junior A
	hockey with the Madison Capitols last year.  One reason
	he didn't get a Div. I scholarship right away was his
	height.  Maybe he's 5'5".

>THN WCHA preview:
>(from the October 18 issue of _The Hockey News_, written by Andy Baggot)

	Andy Baggot is the UW hockey beat writer for the local newspaper.
	Notice how many times he points out that Duane Derksen is a
	winning goalie.  This year could be a real test for Duane with
	so many defensemen from the past two years gone.

>Watch these freshmen:
>4.   Ulvis Katlaps, D, 6-3, 210, Wisconsin.  Played for Dynamo Riga in the
>     Soviet Elite League last season.

	There still has been no final ruling on Katlaps' eligibility.
	He will sit out this weekend's games.

	Thanks a million for these previews, Bill.
mark grassl				[log in to unmask]
Go Badgers.  Good luck Twinkies.
I fought the lawn and the lawn won. --- The Power Mowers