Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 1991 10:53:42 -0400
 Boy this list is even outdating my daily newspaper! *:-) As seen in the Mpls
                  Star Tribune this morning in the "from News Services" area:
 HOCKEY MERGER DISCUSSED
          The CCHA and the WCHA are exploring closer ties in order to
 accomodate expansion needs, said commissioners of the leagues. CCHA
 commissioner Bill Beagan said teams from the University of Alaska's Anchorage
 and Fairbanks campuses have made a verbal committment to join the CCHA,
 possibly by the 1993-94 season. With their addition, it might make sense for
 th CCHA to consider a merger or interlocking schedule with the WCHA, he said.

 "Alaska is the reason we are talking," said WCHA commissioner Otto
 Breitenbach. "If we leave them dry, they're not going to exist."

 Interesting, very interesting! *:-)

 -Carol
 U of M
 GO Gophers!!!