From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 1991 14:20:24 GMT
Thanks, Bill, for summarizing the WCHA & CCHA previews in THN.  I just wanted
to make everyone aware of the fact that THN is in some way going to cut back
its college coverage (just what we need).  New editor Steve Dryden writes
on page 2 of the 10/18/91 issue:

"...Another wrinkle: Canadian and American readers will get identical coverage
of major junior and college hockey.  In the past, Canadian editions of THN
had more major junior content and American editions had more college content.
No such distinction will be made now.

To accommodate that change, we had to cut back from two features a week (one
minor pro and one major junior or college) to one (a rotation of minor pro,
major junior or college)."

I hope this does not mean they will be eliminating the conference columns.
It doesn't sound like it.  If anything, they should *add* one for the
Independents.

Too bad we can't publish the HOCKEY-L Digest, there's probably more actual
information in there than any real college hockey publication.

- mike