From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 1995 23:51:45 -0500
David Parter writes:
>> (3) Does anyone know who will be officiating the games in Providence?
>
>Probably ECAC refs, since there are no ECAC teams in the finals. The NCAA only
>sent HE officials to Madison, since there were no HE teams playing.

The Michigan-Maine game could have either WCHA or ECAC officials.  The
Minnesota-BU game will have to have ECAC officials.  Depending on who
makes the final, we could have officials from HE, the ECAC, or the WCHA.

>Question for those who know the details: ignoring money, could a WCHA crew have
>officiated the Minnesota-CC game?

No.  The crew can't be from the same conference as either team.

>"Final Four" is trademarked by the NCAA for the exclusive use of the basketball
>tournaments. Someone (I can't remember who -- was it Mike?) dubbed the hockey
>finals the "Phinal Phour" a few years ago.

It wasn't me.  I get accused of starting enough stuff as it is. :-)
(i.e. dalmatians)

I never really liked "Phinal Phour" and don't use it.  Not sure why.