From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 1995 16:00:56 -0500
Kurt Stutt writes:
>Also, RPI certainly holds the record for most consecutive games being held
>scoreless (2).  Nobody else has accomplished (or not accomplished) this
>feat before.

Boy, pull off a great run in the conference tourney just to get to the
NC$$s and lose in the first round, and some of you RPI folks sound
like you're looking for the nearest window to fall out of. :-)  I
could not help but think of what Steve Duncan told me in December:
"We're an average team with average players."  For them to make the
tourney is a real accomplishment.

For the record, in 1965, Brown was shut out in the semifinals by
Michigan Tech, 4-0, and by North Dakota in the consolation, 9-0.  And
Brown hosted the tourney that year.  So you see, it could be worse. :-)

Since Brown lost to Michigan 7-1 in their previous tourney game, the
1951 championship game, they would seem to have the best shot at this
"record".  After 1965, Brown's next appearance was in 1976, a 7-6 2-ot
loss to MTU in the semifinals.