From:
"Jason W. Roy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jason W. Roy
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 1995 18:53:23 -0600
On Thu, 23 Mar 1995, G. M. Finniss wrote:

> I've pretty much stayed out of this one (esp. considering that the goaltender
> I root for will be the target of the SIEVE chant tomorrow night), but some-
> thing just came over that I thought I should respond to (it pertains to some
> discussions we had on the list earlier, sometime in February):
>
> >Maybe it was wrong to rub it in after they won, but I'm sure Wisconsin
> >fans aren't the only ones.  I don't think you can tell a fan what to do
> >or how to act, They paid for their ticket and can act as they please as
> >long as they don't throw objects on the ice.
>
> You may not be able to tell a fan what they should do or how they should
> act, but it is certainly not the case that fans can act as they please as
> long as they don't throw things on the ice.  Universities, being in a

Sorry - I didn't really mean that last part.  I've attended 8 NCAA hockey
games this year, twice went all the way to MTU.  I used to be a big fan
of major junior hockey in Canada- but have since been converted to D-1,
since my brother now plays at MTU.  I love going to the games.  I think
they are way more exiting than the pro's - You get to see the future
stars and the FANS are terrific.  I've also been to 4 Jets games this
year (including the leafs this Sat.) and the Fans are pale in comparrison
to College Hockey fans.  The 5000 in Saint Cloud are 10 times louder and
more exited than a packed Winnipeg Arena.  The fans feel like their team
is really their team and are very passionate towards the team. I know you
a ticket doesn't entitle you do what ever you want- that wasn't my point-
what I ment was that you  can't tell the fans what and when to cheer
(except rude or vulgor comments)- I think the Fans are the best part
besides the entertainment by the players-It wouldn't be the same if the
fans weren't allowed to cheer (or don't -Just watch a Jets game-they boo
their own club). Sorry about my previous comment--don't hold it against
me, I'm a real Hockey Nut.

Jason Roy

P.s.--Bob I do have a life- thanks for asking!