From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 1991 15:09:32 GMT
>Can anyone who attended Boston University the past two years give me any info
>on former Swedish defenseman Ahola, and Rogie Vachon's son who also attends
>and plays hockey for Boston? Any information will be appreciated. Thanks

I did not go to BU but saw Ahola play a bit over the past two years.

He is from Finland, not Sweden.  He was perhaps the Terriers' best defenseman
while there, big, not given to making many mistakes.  I'm not sure what you're
looking for; I can dig up his stats if you need them.  He was named to the
Hockey East All-Rookie Team in 1989-90 if I remember correctly.

Marc Vachon has not yet been a regular for BU with the amount of depth they
have had recently, but with the huge number of players lost to graduation,
the Olympics, or the pros, chances are good Vachon will be counted on to
step up and fill a spot this year.

- mike