From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 1995 00:08:18 -0500
Luiz Valente writes:
>But how about coaching? Is Dan Fridgen as bad as many RPI fans
>said he was? Should he still be fired at the end of the season?

You have to know this got my attention. :-)

It's interesting to me that both PC and RPI picked up their play
towards the end when it counted, yet PC's Pooley received accolades
while RPI folks have been quiet about Fridgen.

I don't know if this means that RPI fans are stubborn about admitting
they were wrong, or what. :-)

Heather and I were thrilled to see that Fridgen and of course asst
Steve Duncan proved themselves.  I don't see how they can not be
brought back.  Dunc has to deserve praise for the way he worked with
Tamburro and got him to play better than many people expected this
season.  He looked very good in the RPI-Harvard q-final game we went
to.

Gopher fans will forgive me, I'm sure, if I pull for RPI this weekend.

BTW, RPI is 2-7-0 all-time against Minnesota.  The teams last met in
Minnesota on 12/10-11, 1988.  RPI won the first game, 7-4, while
Minnesota won the rematch 9-3.  Duncan made 37 saves in RPI's 7-4 win.
RPI would finish 12-17-3 that season, 8th in the ECAC, while Minnesota
went 34-11-3 and finished first in the WCHA, losing the NC$$ title
game to Harvard in overtime.