From:
Cynde Seth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cynde Seth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 1995 22:18:29 -0600
>Okay, I have heard three different sets of starting times for Friday's
>games.  4:00/7:00, 4:00/7:30, and 5:00/8:30.  Which of these is correct?
>Is it the same for Saturday night?  Is the WI-MSU vs. Michigan game the
>first game or second?  Thanks.

>                                        Go Bucky!

>                                        Troy Thiele

The Wisconsin State Journal posted the times as 4PM and 7:30PM for both nights!
These times are 'Madison' times--not eastern or what not.

>With the OT win, the UW band was not satisfied. They felt they had to rub
>it into the CC team and fans by doing their "SIEVE" chant. They do it
>after every goal they get, however, so I suppose it's just part of their
>normal routine. Either way, I thought it was really unsporting of them.
>In my opinion I don't think CC's Bach was a seive last night. He faced 38
>shots and made many nice saves.

Being a member of the UW Band and a loyal badger hockey fan, I must say
that this comment is a little hypocritical since all loyal hockey fans
stand up and cheer for their team when they score.  I know for a fact that
when CC scored, their fans did a little "rubbing in" of their own (I was
there).  And yes--it is a long-time tradition to do our "SIEVE" chant after
EVERY goal we make regardless of who is winning.  I hardly call it
unsporting.  It's all part of the reason we watch hockey.

GO BADGERS!!
WCHA Tournament Champs
555555C5Y5N5D5E555S5E5T5H5555555555555555
 CC Y Y N N DD  EEE    SS  EEE TTT H H
C    Y  NNN D D EE    SSSS EE   T  HHH
 CC  Y  N N DD  EEE    SS  EEE  T  H H
5555555555555U5W5M5A5D5I5S5O5N55555555555