From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 13 Oct 1991 01:40:05 EDT
Your friendly neighborhood Hockey East reporter is officially back for his
5th year of sending HE news via email with this first update of the 1991-92
season.

Friday, October 11, 1991 at Snively Arena, Durham, NH
EXHIBITION
Concordia Stingers (2-2-0)     1     2     0  -  3
New Hampshire Wildcats         0     0     2  -  2
PERIOD 1
1. C, Pat Ryan (unassisted), 0:36.
PERIOD 2
2. C, Steve Sonoski (Marco Morin, Richard Ayotte), 8:05.
3. C, Ayotte (Stephane Maltais, Morin), 15:12.
PERIOD 3
4. NH, Greg Klym (Scott Morrow), 1:49.
5. NH, Eric Flinton (Jason Dexter), 11:12.  PPG
SHOTS ON GOAL: Concordia     12--9-11 = 32
               New Hampshire 17-18-15 = 50
GOALIES: C, Robert Desjardins (60:00, 50 shots-48 saves).
         NH, Jeff Levy (27:00, 15 shots-14 saves),
             Brett Abel (32:00, 17 shots-15 saves).
POWER PLAYS: C, 0 of 5.  NH, 1 of 8.
PENALTIES: C, 14 for 48 minutes.  NH, 12 for 24 minutes.
REFEREE: Gravallese.  LINESMEN: Jones and Benedetto.

I got the copy of the game sheet from the Concordia guy at Merrimack tonight
and don't have many more details than these.  Clearly UNH had the edge in
shots, but Desjardins played well for Concordia.  He also played well in
the Merrimack game (see other posting).

UNH lines were Amodeo-Thomson-Mitrovic, Scott Morrow-Flanagan-Klym,
Chebator-Stewart-Dexter, and Flinton-Blow-McGinn.

Concordia's Stephane Therrien, 2nd line center, suffered a broken leg in the
game and was on crutches at Merrimack.  No details on the injury.

What a night for Marco Desjardins of Concordia.  He took five separate
minor penalties in the game.

Concordia has nine players who wear numbers between 76 and 84, which is kind
of strange.  The next highest number is 30.

After Hockey East media day on October 23, I hope to be able to send out more
details on UNH and other Hockey East teams.  By the way, although the deadline
for sending your preseason prognostications for HE and the other conferences
is supposed to be 10/15, I will accept HE picks for at least a couple of weeks
past that date as I am able to give you more information on how the teams
are shaping up.  I know it is difficult to make picks now when you don't know
how some of the question mark teams like BC and BU, who have lost quite a
few players, have gone about building their teams.  That mailing address for
your HE picks is [log in to unmask]  So far I've only received 7 or 8
picks which hasn't surprised me.
---
Mike Machnik        [log in to unmask]       [log in to unmask]